Monday, October 13, 2008

Marion County Caving

Jennings Cave
Marion County, Fl
September 19, 2008

Wendy and I met with another Florida caver, Mike Gordon, at Jennings cave for my first vertical experience. Entered the cave using a hand line while being belayed. A little scary going down the first few steps, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't so bad. Jennings was the largest Florida cave I have been to so far, it was nice to actually be able to stand up in a cave for a change. Got coaxed into attempting a very very tight squeeze. Didn't quite make it, believe that may be the first time in my life I ever felt truly chlostraphobic. I'm proud of myself for not getting to flustered and having the good sense to turn around and get out. Also met there with Danny and Annette Brinton, two other Florida cavers. Enjoyed the trip quite a bit, all in all.

No comments: